Date: Wed Sep  7 19:46:31 2005
From: stevenrakick at yahoo.com (Steven Rakick)
Subject: Re: Considering nSight,
	any thoughts? (Final comment)

Due to the number of emails I received off the list
from students, I wanted to point something out.

Intrusense sent out an email notice yesterday evening
regarding the release of nSight 2.0. It appears
they've adopted a new licensing model. Not only is
their license no longer bound to a specific URL, but
also they're offering free licenses for personal,
educuational and otherwise non-commercial end users.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Steve

--- Jeff Boston <nospam@...hemail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hi. Sorry for the delay in my response.

Jason/Steven, I'd highly recommend this or other
products like it. It's quite affordable and very easy
to get running (although they need to create more
documentation).

We've been using the new version of nSight for
approximately 2 months now and it's been quite useful
and more so by the day. I'm learning that the more
network information nSight collects, the more valuable
it becomes.

It's helped us identify the cause of several
intermittent problems we've had for at least a year
now because we were able to go back and look
specifically at the point in time where the problem
occured (2 times in 2 months). The problem was
knocking off users from a few servers in our DMZ so
we're happy it's been resolved. We also had a couple
users who were doing a ton of pirated software
uploads/downloads. We idenitified then within 30
minutes of installing nSight.

That's about it. Email me off the list if you have any
questions.

J.