Date: Tue Sep 13 03:10:39 2005
From: druid at stonedcoder.org (druid@...nedcoder.org)
Subject: Re: Forensics help?

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Red Leg wrote:

> Hey Thanks!
>
> Can I use the copy made by dd for the analysis? Specifically... 1)I want to
> go to the site,
This is outside the scope of my response, hehe

> 2)copy the drive,
This will allow you to make a copy of the hard drive

> 3)take the copy made back to my location,
yes

> 4) restore the data to another drive and mount it to an existing system and
> then
you should not need to restore to another drive, but rather mount the
image, there are windows tools to do this and unixy ways to do this.

>5) forensically analyze the restored copy for deleted files.

This I do not know how to do outside of norton unerase, you will need a
product

> Can I use your directions to accomplish that?

My directions will allow you to copy a drive and move that image off site
for analysis.

--Druid