Date: Thu Sep 15 06:01:20 2005
From: perrymonj at networkarmor.com (Josh Perrymon)
Subject: Exploiting an online store

I know that bad programming habits exist on some of the sites out there and still use Hidden fields to pass prices over.. Although not very common....    I found one this morning after sending the email...

My question is more on the theory I suppose...  What laws are out there to protect against this after-the-fact? Is it true that if the seller closes the deal by sending you the merchandise then they have no case and can't go back and charge you?

Seems there should be something out there providing protection is the system is automated... Even though there should be checks in place people do have small budgets and rush a lot of the smaller E-com stores out.

JP