Date: Mon Oct  3 14:53:05 2005
From: michealespinola at gmail.com (Micheal Espinola Jr)
Subject: Bigger burger roll needed

While its easy to recognize your point, it's also quite moot.

The supportability issues of long ago, are just that - long ago.  The
customer base was, when the PC market first expanded and continues to
be, vastly larger from when computer companies offered that type of
service.  ...and at at much heftier price I might add.

Lets not forget that back in the day, hardware and software
combinations were a tightly controlled package deal.  The PC market
expansion changed that forever, and the multitude of hardware/software
combination have long since made the support you are longing for an
impossibility to maintain.

However, those of us that have discovered significant flaws in the MS
OS over the years know that MS takes bugs and flaws very seriously.
Over the course of the past 10 years, I have had MS supply me with a
patch, within hours of a bug report, on many occasions.

This type of service certainly can't be expected or applied to all
types of errors and circumstance, many of which strongly depend on
unlucky combinations of hardware and 3rd-party drivers.

FWIW IME, most users know what a BSOD looks like (a "blue screen"),
but don't know it by that acronym.

--
ME2  <http://www.santeriasys.net/>