Date: Fri Oct  7 17:43:40 2005
From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu (Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu)
Subject: Websites vulnerabilities disclosure

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:38:34 +0530, Raghu Chinthoju said:
> I say, "... hey listen! your house entrance door latch isn't strong
> enough.. there are only 4 screws instead 16, which is the practice..
> you have a risk of some one easily barging into your house ...". For
> some reason you don't respond.. I publish it in the local news paper
> that ".. Mr. X's door latch is week and any one can break it easily
> ..." Do you think it is ethical??? I seriously think not.

The ethics change somewhat if instead of Mr. X, it's a branch of a bank with
many customers, or one of those "You-Store-It" storage facilities, or if it's a
medical research lab that works with dangerous pathogens, or anyplace else
where it's more than just Mr. X's goods or well-being that's endangered....