Date: Thu Oct 13 14:30:43 2005
From: mmadison at fnni.com (Madison, Marc)
Subject: password vaults-

Are you talking about something like a password reset for the brilliant
end user, because somehow their password mysteriously doesn't work
anymore?  There are several vendors (Google something like automated
helpdesk password reset) that offer this type of technology, but they
will not show the end users current password just allow them to change
it.

>Sorry for the very noob question, but I'm having very hard times
finding such products.
>I have the pleasure and the incredible chance to support generic
(shared
>admin) passwords. I'm looking for a commercial product to manage the
distribution and protection of these
>passwords. Must be RSA compatible and Active Directory (LDAP, to
retrieve info and allow access). Also must be
>able to support web (https) for users to log in and get the passwords
they are allowed to see.