Date: Wed Nov  2 14:21:49 2005
From: davek_throwaway at hotmail.com (Dave Korn)
Subject: Re: new IE bug (confirmed on ALL windows)

ad@...ss101.org wrote in news:000001c5dfaf$84f6ba00$0400a8c0@...xp64
> Again shut the fuck up , it also crashes on 98SE I have it here IDIOT.

[...ker-snip!...]

    Guys?  Can I point out the obvious possibility that you both seem to
have overlooked?

  Rather than arguing about either "it does crash on 98" or "it doesn't
crash on 98", and since you've *both* _actually_ tested it, AND GOTTEN
DIFFERENT RESULTS, don't you think that you should both conclude that "It
crashes on some 98 installs and not others", and therefore that the
determining factor is not the OS version anyway, but something else that's
different between your two setups?

  It's a false assumption that it has to be all one or the other.

    cheers,
      DaveK