Date: Fri Nov 11 19:07:39 2005
From: toddtowles at brookshires.com (Todd Towles)
Subject: the "Sony/BMG" virus

> *WHAT* danger?  I mean, there's that button they clicked, the
> one that said 'I accept, even though there's no hint that
> this includes a colon cleansing with a scrub brush made from
> a week-old roadkill porcupine'.
>
> Look around - there's no danger that a large corporation will
> feel any liability for anything perpetrated by its software.
> Only people who have to worry are places that employ less
> than 100 people to write malicious software.

Are you quoting Sony's legal position from a policy somewhere? ;)

They went down the wrong road. Adware and spyware vendors will start to
use this added cloaking feature to their advantage, I would guess. Plus
almost every bot that is made will most likely see if this code is there
(instead of using their own code) and use it as a standard check. Stupid
Sony..

-Todd