Date: Sat Nov 12 02:57:08 2005
From: full-disclosure at pchandyman.com.au (Greg)
Subject: the "Sony/BMG" virus

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles@...okshires.com>
To: <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu>
Cc: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 6:07 AM
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] the "Sony/BMG" virus

> Are you quoting Sony's legal position from a policy somewhere? ;)

> They went down the wrong road. Adware and spyware vendors will start to

Pardon? "START" to....?

Seeing this has been an issue for a long time - cloaking of software for
various reasons - someone correct me, please, if I am wrong but I thought
this cloaking was new to the public but old news on this list. Am I
mistaking some rootkits here? I distinctly remember a rootkit remover which
wont be named (simply because I forgot the name! ;-}) which actually
installed a rootkit, backdoor open, Bob's your uncle and it wasn't until
said person actually admitted to it that it was found....or do I remember
THAT wrong as well?

Greg.