Date: Thu Nov 17 16:51:35 2005
From: michael.holstein at csuohio.edu (Michael Holstein)
Subject: Windows 2003 Logging/Log Analysis Tool

> I?m looking for recommendation on what are the better log analysis
> softwares around that?re capable of generating good logs for;
>
>     * IIS 6.0
>     * NetApp NetCache 5.x
>     * Microsoft ISA RRAS
>
> Are there also Log Agents available for System so that all the logs are
> contributed to a Centralized Log Server?

My favorite way to do this is just send it via syslog to a UNIX box,
then use grep/perl/whatever to post-process it. If you use syslog-ng you
can put the events into MySQL which opens some additional possibilities.

Best way to get windows logs (event logs, text based files, etc) is
EventReporter (www.adiscon.de). It's cheap .. $30/license I think.

Regards,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University