Date: Thu Nov 17 11:23:23 2005
From: markoer at markoer.org (Marco Ermini)
Subject: Was: n3td3v.com, now: C.Meinel

On 11/16/05, Byron Sonne <blsonne@...ers.com> wrote:
> > Please don't ever think to put the discussion on the level of personal
> > attacks.
>
> It's not an attack; it's karma. Also a way of looking after the community.

Sure. But karma is a personal matter. That's karma: if you hassle
others, you will have you own part of hassles in return, some day.

> > No one is interested, and it's only in the interests of that
>
> I beg to differ.

I will struggle for your right to think different from me, even if I
don't agree with you (that's Voltaire...)

Note that I don't even have a clue about that Caroline M. - even if
she's a complete idiot or a 50 y.o. "hacker wannabe" or "recycled"
"security expert" (I can understand it: "security expert" jobs have
the fame to be well paid... no one "recycle" himself as "street
sweeper experts"...), no one has the right to publicly put shame on
her. Even if she is simply "unuseful" to the community, what's the
point in attacking her? a strong community should not have a problem
in have her as a guest, as long as she is not dangerous. The point is
that lowering the level of discussion on a personal level is not
useful to anyone.

You are right, that's karma: if you hassle another person with no
reasons, you are actually losing your karma... If we can measure the
"karma" of individuals here, we could discover that social engineering
is really the most simple attack... everything you need is simply to
fire a match and throw it in the mailing list can, and watch for the
flames that raise... what kind of karma do you think that is present
in a person that can't resist and send a "FUCK YOU SHUT UP" in a
mailing list?

By the way - I simply don't want this "stupid" threads to continue in
the list :-) - did you agree that it's better to stop them? :-)

That's all folk :-)

Cheers
--
Marco Ermini