Date: Fri Nov 18 18:18:56 2005
From: gdead at shmoo.com (B Potter)
Subject: ShmooCon 2006 - Washington DC

Full-disclosure:

ShmooCon 2006 is upon us!  ShmooCon 2005 (aka: the first one) was a
huge success and we've decided to push our luck and have another one.
The second annual ShmooCon will be January 13-15, in Washington,
D.C., at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.  In a nutshell, over three
days, there are three tracks:

Break It! -- A track dedicated to the demonstration of techniques,
software, and devices devised with only one purpose in mind--
technology exploitation. You will bear witness to some of the most
devious minds, source code, and gadgets on the planet that focus
their energies on breaking the technology we mindless sheep keep on
buying. Baaaaa.

Build It! -- A track that showcases inventive software & hardware
solutions--from distributed computing or stealth p2p networks to
miniature form-factor community wireless network node hardware or
robotics even. Let loose your inner geek, and feel free to gawk. With
all the neat stuff, it's important to take notes--that way we all
have evidence to shoot down some sleazeball patents 5 years from now.

Bof It! -- A track that promotes the open discussion of critical
information security issues in a "birds of a feather" format. From
lightning open source code audits or wireless insecurity discussion
panels to DRM rants or anonymity & privacy strategies--it's down and
dirty, with plenty of controversy for folks who like hashing it out
with fellow hackers.  Feel free to throw your Shmooballs here, but no
fisticuffs, please. Settle your differences with some head-to-head
Xbox in the evening, instead.

Registration is already open:
http://www.shmoocon.org/registration.html

There are some pretty amusing ads:
http://www.shmoocon.org/ads.html

We're going to have a rather different kind of arcade:
http://www.shmoocon.org/arcade.html

And of course you get a discount at the hotel if you're attending
ShmooCon... Be sure to give them the conference code from the
shmoocon website

We plan and execute ShmooCon as a service to the community.  We're
not making money on this and we've got no plans for world
domination.  We just want to get smart and interested security geeks
together in one place, hear some interesting talks, and hopefully
have some fun at the same time.

Hope to see you in DC in two months.

later

bruce