Date: Tue Nov 22 11:07:27 2005
From: unknown.pentester at gmail.com (unknown unknown)
Subject: Google Talk Denial of Service - BenjiBug

If you successfully compromise the account of the victim user you can
just modify the update version file, the signature, and the URL of the
executable by changing the following Registry Keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Talk\Autoupdate\AvailableURL
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Talk\Autoupdate\Signature
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Talk\Autoupdate\UpdateURL

With this keys you should be able to download your spyware file with
its own signature so that Google Talk doesn't complain.

You can even set when the next update will take place:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Talk\Autoupdate\NextUpdate

I haven't tested this to be honest, but I believe it should work since
these are the locations where Google Talk saves all the settings you
discussed on your post.

Regards,
pagvac (Adrian Pastor)
www.ikwt.com