Date: Sat Nov 26 10:31:06 2005
From: memetic_engineer at hush.ai (memetic_engineer@...h.ai)
Subject: Return of the Phrack High Council

It appears that a great deal of this list doesn't remember
PHC/Project Mayhem and is dismissing them as trolls like n3td3v, or
other script kiddies that seem to populate this list nowaday. Let
me refresh the memories of those who don't remember:

-=-
They were allegedly responsible for several high profile
compromises of "respected" security profiteers Ryan Russel, Theo De
Raddt (OpenBSD), Christopher Abad and others.
http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,54400,00.html?tw=wn_story_r
elated
-=-
There is a deep-seeded underground movement that agrees
wholeheartedly with the sentiment echoed by PHC and other anti-sec
groups worldwide.

With far too many companies making far too much money off of
independant non-profit research and the blood, sweat and tears of
real "hackers", it is only rational that the security market be
flooded with clueless drones waiving GIAC and CISSP certifications
while some of the best minds in the world are alienated from an
industry that rewards mediocrity and outright thievery.

If you think the reason we haven't been seeing near the level of
remote root exploit code on the lists is because secure coding
practices as a whole have improved exponentially over the last few
years, you are badly mistaken. People are sitting on their code and
targeting those who just don't get _it_.

Before you go discounting Project Mayhem as list dribble just
remember;

 ".. the people you are after are the people you depend on. We
configure your MOM servers, run your cat-6, we set up your IDS
sensor nodes. We test and design your perimeters, we guard you
while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us".

Some retro links regarding project mayhem and anti-sec:

A mirror of the original PHC site:
http://www.eurocompton.net/~bhb/phrack/

A mirror of an anti-sec journal (blackhatbloc):

http://www.eurocompton.net/~bhb/

el8 magazine:

http://web.textfiles.com/ezines/EL8/

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485