Date: Fri Dec  9 13:18:16 2005
From: justliketocode at yahoo.com (none none)
Subject: Snort as IDS/IPS in mission-critical enterprise
	network

Most "enterprise" IDS products are built upon  Snort code my friend. Snort is definately ready for whatever type of  environment you put it in. Just make sure you follow the snort mailing  list from time to time to keep up on new signatures that may not be  added to the snort release.

"Native.Code" <native.code@...il.com> wrote:  Hi security peers,

  We  are thinking to use Snort as IDS/IPS solution in our network where only  port 80 and 443 are open to public internet. I would like to know how  will you guys rate Snort compared to ISS RealSecure Network (  http://www.iss.net/products_services/enterprise_protection/rsnetwork/sensor.php)? Is Snort enterprise ready where it can be deployed to monitor mission-critical network?

  If any of you can name any big network which is using Snort as an example, it will be very helpful.

  Thanks,
  Native.Code