Date: Fri Dec  9 17:43:29 2005
From: sk at groundzero-security.com (sk)
Subject: Snort as IDS/IPS in mission-critical
	enterprisenetwork

> Because of NDA, I cannot *name* the network where I was a part of the team
> installing and maintainting SNORT on a large network, but I can tell you
> that this network is one of the top tier-1 NSPs.  I can tell you that
> SNORT is the sole such product chosen for this purpose, and that it works
> better than we could have possibly hoped for.  last I looked, SNORT was
> being used on circuits as large as OC12s.

well it wouldnt be good to name those anyway as you dont know how many
snort 0-days exist and the next time something goes public could mean that those
networks are targeted first. afterall its up to you, i just thought i give you guys this hint.
its never a good idea to make such information public, thats why many people
fake their daemon versions, or dont show them at all.

-sk

Http://www.groundzero-security.com