Date: Fri Dec  9 04:19:42 2005
From: mkleinpeter at ebay.com (Mike Klein)
Subject: agreed certs dont mean that much..but need
	experience..

Go for as many as you can acquire without spending your own money. I
don't think I'd want to list 100 certifications on my resume
however...this would seem a little strange and might raise some red
flags of another sort.

No...they don't really mean you're smart...just that you can pass a
test...as another poster pointed out. But this is itself a valuable
skill/trait.

And yes they are valuable in that they can get your foot in the
door...how long you keep the door open and whether or not you can stay
is determined by what you TRULY know....or if you're an incredible suck
up or tremendously good looking...sigh.

mike