Date: Mon Dec 19 20:51:35 2005
From: bkfsec at sdf.lonestar.org (bkfsec)
Subject: [Clips] A small editorial about recent events.
	(fwd)

Jamie C. Pole wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I was also FAR too close to one of the 09/11 attacks.
> While I agree that giving up (supposedly) certain civil liberties is
> most decidedly not a good thing, we need to remember one key point -
> the same liberal whiners that are complaining about the monitoring of
> certain targeted individuals would be shitting themselves to get in
> line to scream about the President not doing enough to protect us if
> there was another attack.  This was not a blanket wiretap against
> every citizen that made a telephone call to London.  These taps were
> conducted under defined circumstances.  If you are not a terrorist,
> and do not associate with terrorists, you have nothing to worry
> about.  The indignation being shown by the liberals right now is
> shocking

I wasn't going to get involved in this, but I can't resist responding to
s goodly dose of fascism-inspired asskissing and partisanship.

Please, spare us all the "It's not a big deal" and "It's just the whiny
liberals" rhetoric.  I'd have thought that you dittoheads figured out
that your leaders are laughing at your blindness already.

Look, this is not a partisan issue.  This is a truly concerning trend in
American politics.  What they did was (probably illegally) bypassing the
checks and balances of this nation to spy on American citizens.  It
wasn't just the "terrorists" who got watched.  The list includes
anti-war groups which had no ties to terrorist organizations (Though I'm
absolutely certain that some moron will say that they are terrorist
organizations).  The argument "You have nothing to worry about if you're
not doing XYZ" is bullshit.  It's always been bullshit. It's a weak
retort from the weak-minded who can't be bothered to see beyond their noses.

If liberals are "whining" about the very trends that predated Soviet
purges and Nazi control in Germany, then I'd say they're the last true
Americans left.  I'd think that conservatives, with all of their privacy
rhetoric, would be lining up to criticize the administration for this
rather than lining up to cowtow the line and take an ideological bullet
for them.

Please spare us all the open support for policies of domestic spying and
go fucking live in China.  That's clearly where you'd be most happy.

> What good are civil liberties if you are being buried in a mass grave
> as a victim of another terrorist attack?  Are you going to try to
> exercise your freedom of speech from beyond the grave?

You Sir, are not cut out of the same cloth as the founding fathers.  Do
us all a favor and don't speak for us.

> Even with a government that is actively protecting us from these
> terrorist scumbags, we in the USA are still the luckiest people on
> Earth.  We've got it better than any other country on Earth.  If you
> like some other place better, please feel free to move yourself there.

And you ended with the beautiful turd nugget of "love it or leave it".
Fitting.

Look, I don't know you.  I don't care who you are or what you've done.
If I'm confrontational, it's only because your statements above would be
insulting to any true American citizen who understands the foundation of
this country.

Spying on the people like this is wrong no matter who does it.  Trying
to play politics with this is petty and foolish and exposes the partisan
nature of the person.   The people who partook in this operation
knowingly should go to jail, regardless of which political party they
belong to.  It does not get any simpler than that.

             -bkfsec