Date: Mon Dec 19 06:15:12 2005
From: jpole at jcpa.com (Jamie C. Pole)
Subject: [Clips] A small editorial
	aboutrecentevents.(fwd)

You just hit the nail right on the head!

You CANNOT blame everything on 1 person - including George W. Bush.

Our "system" absolutely did fail - there is no excusing that fact.
There is also no excusing the ignorance of people that want to blame
all of the world's woes on George W. Bush.

As far as the reason it failed (using the hurricane example that you
brought up), let's examine some history.  Prior to World War I, there
was a country-state called Bavaria - you might know where it is.
Bavaria had its own king, it's own military, and its own laws.  What
would have happened if some German leader invaded Bavaria to solve a
problem?  Now, in modern days, we have a state called Louisiana.  It
has its own governor, its own military, and its own laws.  Louisiana
had a natural disaster, and their governor refused all help from the
Federal government.  The governor's staff also refused all offers for
help.  The Federal government did not invade Louisiana because the
governor and her staff flatly denied that they needed any help.
Meanwhile, the governor of Louisiana and her staff were allowing
their constituents to die.

If you are complaining that the Federal government violated the law
and conducted illegal wiretaps, please explain why it would have been
okay for the Federal government to break the law by invading
Louisiana and taking over relief operations?

Sorry if this seems simplistic to you, but if the action saves lives,
I'm not really going to cry too much about the government breaking a
few occasional laws.  I don't like it, but I understand why it is
sometimes necessary.  And by the way, I believe that President Bush
should have militarized New Orleans when the mayor ignored the signs
that the hurricane was going to strike his city.  The mandatory
evacuation should have been enforced by the military, and quite a few
less people would have died.

And had he done that, the liberals would very likely now be asking
whether or not it was legal for him to have done so.  For the people
that hate President Bush, nothing he does or does not do will be
acceptable.  It's as simple as that.

Jamie