Date: Mon Dec 19 15:27:53 2005
From: sschappert at molecular-inversion-dynamics.com (Scott Schappert)
Subject: [Clips] A small editorial about recent
	events.(fwd)

People seem to forget that your place of birth is not your choice.  Should
you choose to rant about earning to scorn others for having a different
philosophy about freedom and death, that is cool, but remember the
scaffolding you fought for includes (our?) constitutional amendments.

People do not have to die to realize freedom.  Seems the days of "freedom of
thought" and personal responsibility have eclipsed.  Do we really need the
weight of destruction of people we have never met placed squarely upon our
shoulders ?  And for what ?  Jobs, economy ?  Get real and read the signs.

In closing- a quote:

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired
signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger, and are not
fed.  Those who are cold, and not clothed.  This world in arms is not
spending money alone.  It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius
of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

This is not a way of life at all in any true sense; under the clouds of war,
it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron"

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

I apologize, but a freedom loving, peaceful and responsible person cannot
turn their eyes from the brutal reality, that just does not have to be.

Cheers to the list.

S.S.

Ex nihilo, nihil.