Date: Fri Dec 23 15:54:17 2005
From: info at pcsage.biz (PCSC Information Services)
Subject: list name change suggestion

<rant>
I've been on the list for a couple of years now... and what used to
be a quite credible list has now degraded into a list with a very low
signal/noise ratio...  While I have not submitted any
vulnerabilities, I have enjoyed the discussions of the same, and have
used this list to illustrate to clients what specifically can happen
by leaving themselves exposed.
The purpose and intent of this list is to provide Full Disclosure,
often beating Vendors own admissions of vulnerabilities or flaws in
their software. With the new paradigm of submit > flame >> flame
harder >> flame even harder etc... I suggest that the new list name
be flame-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk as it will be more clear to the
security community what it is that's being accomplished on this list.
If you're under 30, no matter what kind of education you have, you
still have plenty that you can learn... if you're over 30, no matter
what kind of education you have, you're still human...we all make
mistakes, hell, I might even be making one suggesting that we all
just try to show each other some professional courtesy, especially to
the newer younger members who are trying to cut their teeth in a
fairly corrupt and colluded industry.

In the spirit of the holiday season, wouldn't it be nice to just have
some ceasefire?

info AT pcsage DOT biz

Herry Qwanakkadanmas!