Date: Wed Dec 28 14:46:23 2005
From: leife at dls.net (Leif Ericksen)
Subject: Spy Agency Mined Vast Data Trove

If the traffic goes through a US based HOP anticipate that it will be
monitored.  They do not care where you are from.  IT passes through the
US it will be monitored since it has a foreign start and end point.

Now is your traffic legit?  Are you moving legal money around? Are you a
drug dealer legal or otherwise?  Are you a dealing with other items that
might be illegal in the US and are trying to get them here via Canada?

If it is Canada to Brazil and does not touch US routing anticipate your
own government as well as the Canadian government to be monitoring your
traffic leaving the us completely out of the picture.

IT is so easy for people to pick on the USA.  But, they may fear their
own government or say "our government does not do that".  To whit I
would say Bull Shit, wake up and smell the coffee.  Again it is easy to
pick on the US we are allowed to speak out against our government to a
point at least.  I would say ALL governments that have Internet traffic
will monitor it it some way shape or form, even more so for the stuff
that leaves their countries boarders.

--
Lhe