Date: Fri Jan 27 00:26:11 2006
From: yossarian at planet.nl (yossarian)
Subject: Re: [security] What A Click! [Internet Explorer]

There is an easy trick to avoid a .HTA related 'thingie' such as this one:
tell your windows to open .HTA files in notepad.  It broke the beautifull
PoC I guess, had it in place as long as this particular machine (2 years or
so), it never broke anything before.

Second hint for people protecting lusers: design a nice corporate colors
standard theme and disable the standard theme. Exit this kind of attack
(since there are more ways to cover windows with malicious lookalikes).

regards,

yossarian