Date: Tue Feb  7 07:20:18 2006
From: abryson at bytefocus.com (Alice Bryson)
Subject: What can a Remote Vulnerability Scanner do in
	Future?

hi, there
    Most of vulnerabilities are also remotely exploitable although
enhanced security configuration and firewall enabled. For example, an
IE flaw will cause pc's registry modified when the host browse some
malicious website.
    Client-Server model is a considerable solution. But our product is
a firmware box, it's not convenient for such a product to convey a
client agent software.
    Anybody did research on how to by windows xp sp2 security config
to read Registry? Like Windows 2000 or Windows xp sp1, remote scanner
could get Registry and file versions with only an administrative
username/password provided?