Date: Thu Feb  9 12:56:02 2006
From: adam.laurie at thebunker.net (Adam Laurie)
Subject: Using SMS spoofing to locate almost anyone
	in	the UK without their permission

Sebastian Wolfgarten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> interesting idea. However Major Malfunction did this ages ago (even in an
> automated manner where the individual does not have to respond to the text
> message as his software does instead) as part of the Trifinite's research on
> Bluetooth security. See their 22C3 presentation for more information.

Indeed... This was actually amongst the first knock-on effects we
thought up... (slides show it was April 2004):

   http://www.thebunker.net/press-bluetooth-defcon/mgp00009.html
   http://www.thebunker.net/press-bluetooth-defcon/mgp00010.html

The trifinite tool you mention we've now dubbed "BlueStalker"... which
reminds me... must get around to publishing it... :)

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                         Tel: +44 (0) 20 7605 7000
The Bunker Secure Hosting Ltd.      Fax: +44 (0) 20 7605 7099