Date: Thu Feb  9 13:25:33 2006
From: adam.laurie at thebunker.net (Adam Laurie)
Subject: Bluetooth Activesync - requesting test

Ah. Sorry, bit too quick with the scissors... You've already answered my
question:

Greg wrote:

> It's all simple WM5 stuff. Activesync4.1 was already on the computer and the
> new PDA interacted with it easily. Turn PDA on, go to it's bluetooth
> manager, turn that on, go to settings and then pairing, discover any
> bluetooth device which found the computer, select it, give a pin number,
> enter the same number AT the computer and then go back to the PDA and set up
> bluetooth autosync, encrypted. Computer asks for permission to allow the PDA
> to interact with it which I did by ticking "always" allow and then OK and
> off it all went. PDA was updated with files and emails it was supposed to
> have sent to it and user had been in and out all day, obviously going out of
> range and coming back. He could always interact with the computer until the
> next morning when it wouldn't allow it.

So the only real question is the "discoverable" bit. Clearly having to
type something at the keyboard is not comparable to walking down the
road and randomly picking up dial tones. That's the whole point of
"pairing" - both devices have to agree to the relationship.

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                         Tel: +44 (0) 20 7605 7000
The Bunker Secure Hosting Ltd.      Fax: +44 (0) 20 7605 7099