Date: Fri Feb 10 19:35:14 2006
From: y0himba at technolounge.org (y0himba)
Subject: blocking Google Desktop

I know how to disable it.  DON'T USE IT.  Why does anyone even need this?
There are a bunch of other apps that do the same and more, and are faster,
and non-privacy invasive.  Konfabulator for one, and many more.  Google
wants to keep the documents you allow them to index for 30 days.  There is
no way I am allowing that, much less allowing them to even index my content.
As for disallowing it, you can pick and choose what they are allowed to
index and what they aren't, read the help file.  If you ask me, MS may be a
monopoly, but Google is invasive to a grand scale.

We are Google.  Resistance is futile.