Date: Fri Feb 10 21:27:27 2006
From: securitylists at uniontown.com (Security Lists)
Subject: Drive Crypt Plus

Since nobody else replied to you I'll throw in my limited experience.

I have associates who use it.  Seems to work very well except
Hybernate/Suspend functions cease to work (a good side effect actually).

One nice thing it does is simulates a hard drive failure as the login
prompt (optional) in case someone steals the laptop.

I did a very basic Bart PE boot test and a live Linux CD boot and it was
unable to use the encrypted partition. I did nothing more.

They also have a drivecrypt container application (not the Plus), and it
was pretty nice in that you can burn a container with an executable and
a few associated files on a CD and it will open in any computer without
installing anything if you know the passwords.  Nice convenient way of
securing specific data on CDR.

The Plus package encrypts the entire partition on the fly, and they
claim to only have 1% performance impact.  The user I am aware of has
noticed no performance hit (not a power user though).

Don't know if this helps you or not.  I too would like to know if
anyone's looked for weaknesses in the product.

-Mark Coleman