Date: Sat Feb 11 13:21:09 2006
From: randallm at fidmail.com (Randall M)
Subject: Some one needs their coffee. WAS: blocking
	Google Desktop

Hand j.a. a cup or coffee

Randall M

[-----Original Message-----
[From: full-disclosure-bounces@...ts.grok.org.uk
[[mailto:full-disclosure-bounces@...ts.grok.org.uk] On Behalf
[Of J.A. Terranson
[Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 2:10 AM
[To: Full-Disclosure
[Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] blocking Google Desktop
[
[On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Line Noise wrote:
[
[> I'm still trying to help them understand why stuffing a "Chat"
[> (mis)feature into gmail is a problem. No way to turn it off,
[and each
[> account that gets it, starts up with it enabled. Oh, boy, I really
[> want the world to know when I'm "on line" (especially when it
[> helpfully adds every person who sends you email to your "Contacts"
[> list).  So far, I've received an email from them, patting me on the
[> head, and telling me that I need to read the help menus better.
[> "Disable" and "Off" seem not to be in their vocabulary.
[
[I just love these /rants!
[
[Yes boys and girls, it is not safe to hand your mission
[critical data to ANY third party.
[
[If your data is sensitive, keep it home.
[
[If you don't like Google's email "features", you have a choice
[you know.
[
[	(Hint: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!)
[
[Yes, it really is THAT EASY to fully protect yourself against
[all this Google Evil <lmao!>  Just Say No.
[
[The town criers who are sounding the alarms are just
[ludicrous.  My favorites are the folks who are bitching and
[moaning, and are performing this parade FROM GMAIL ACCOUNTS!
[
[We certainly need FD as to what these products *DO*.
[Discussion of how it works is totally appropriate, but the
["evil google doesn't want to give me an off button" bullshit
[is pointless.  And while it may be entertaining to see how
[many "Security Professionals" (insert SANS or other
[Pay-For-Play meaningless but very expensive set of initials
[here) can't figure out how to simply Say No to a product they
[don't like, it's still a horrific waste of bandwidth.  Even
[worse, it attracts posts like this one - where every asshole
[who meets any of the above descriptions will want his or her
["shot" at this post.  Have at it - it's all yours for the
[taking, I don't give a shit enough to respond, so have a
[party.  Invite the idiot in the white house, I hear he's
[feeling unloved today :-)
[
[--
[Yours,
[
[J.A. Terranson
[sysadmin@....org
[
["What The United States *really* needs to win it's War On Some
[(but not allied) Terrorists is a good old fashioned Nuclear Enema."
[
[Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
[Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html