Date: Tue Feb 14 17:03:44 2006
From: feiginml at gmail.com (Eli Feigin)
Subject: Interception of SSL 3 communication

I am trying to perform a man in the middle attack on a local client
application.

The application client (VB application) uses a client side certificate
located on a smart card (GEMPLUS) to encrypt co communication with the
server (Java servlet).

All I know is that the application accesses a url like this: https://
www.thesite.com via SSL 3.

I don't have the source of the client code, but I would like to view/alter
the communication in some way.

When the card is inserted IE is able to view the certificate, and export it
in several formats.

I tried Paros to intercept the communication but I couldn't meet its
certificate requirements.

Thanks to anyone who can help me intercept the communication.