Date: Tue Feb 21 14:12:40 2006
From: jlay at slave-tothe-box.net (James Lay)
Subject: Compromised host list - some clarification...

So ok.....I'm completely positive I didn't make myself clear at all in
my previous message...go me!  Here's a web site that I did manage to
find that has a current list of open proxies:

http://www.samair.ru/proxy/index.htm

My hope is that I could find a site that has a list of currently
reported open proxies, scanners, and ssh brute force boxes.  The RBL's
pretty much have smtp covered.  I would run a cron job at midnight, wget
and grep the file, then create an iptables table to block those hosts.
This is an attempt to be more proactive then reactive...if I knew those
hosts that were actively doing naughty things, why not block them at
the get go?

Does this make sense?  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Thanks all =)

James