Date: Fri Mar  3 20:33:42 2006
From: steven at lovebug.org (Steven)
Subject: Arin.net XSS

ok?

So what exactly are you going to exploit here?  This site doesn't have any logins or even use cookies.  Are you going to trick a user into entering in a credit card number before they can search the whois database?

I think that XSS in many instances is a serious issues.  Many of the XSS issues reported on FD are rarely of much consequence but could theoretically lead to a sessions hijack or tricking the user into a fake login screen.  However, in this instance I fail to see what the point could possible be?  If it is that you can simply run javascript then so what?  Close to 100% of any webhosting provider on the internet will let you upload your own javascript.  Might as well report that geocities.com is vulnerable to XSS because you could upload an html file with javascript on it.

Anyway.. that's my take on this.  Feel free to correct me.. I don't mind.

Steven