Date: Thu Mar  9 18:12:26 2006
From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu (Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu)
Subject: For Sale: Security Vulnerability Database
	Company

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 05:46:03 PST, System Outage said:

>   Why would someone buy a security vulnerability database company? Theres
> already free security vulnerability databases out there. Try this one I
> recently found, you can search for anything you want http://groups.google.com/
> group/n3td3v and its free.

Geez. Somebody hand me a sharp wooden stake, a good mallet, and some garlic
and holy water just in case... ;)

I'm sure you can *search* for anything you want there.  The value of a database
is, however, directly related to its ability to return useful information.

5,000 postings that all say "wow leet hole in ntp a few years ago" is worth
nowhere near as much as one detailed technical posting of how that exploit
leveraged a one-byte buffer overrun into a complete rooting of the box....