Date: Mon Mar 13 23:53:22 2006
From: lyal.collins at key2it.com.au (Lyal Collins)
Subject: HTTP AUTH BASIC monowall.

I find a central issue that often reoccurs when discussing secure protocols
is the definition of where the secure protocol starts and stops - the user,
the application, or some underlying OS/functional library or network device?

There are usually huge chasms between the business, legal and
technical/security guru perspective on this - but in my experience these
differences significantly influence purchase and implementation budget
decisions.

Lyal