Date: Sat Mar 18 04:07:06 2006
From: n3td3v at gmail.com (n3td3v)
Subject: Yahoo recommends you write down account
	information

Like I marked up earlier in this thread, its not about how an account would
be compromised. It was PHUN pointed at peoples I REGULARY post to off list
on a politically incorrect stance of having different wordings between Yahoo
teams.

The highlight of the thread is that once again i've proved Yahoo does not
co-ordinate, as I have ranted about on the n3td3v blog before I killed off
the trend of blogging.

Politically, a security team hates for the outside world to know they aren't
co-ordinated. The same goes for the number and skill level of incident
response staff they have on stand-by at certain times of year.

However, if you want to get into the criminal element of how paperwork is
obtained. Its often caught at refuge sites at dot coms. In the same was
fraud is carried out to obtain credit card info via receipts.

And you can bet Yahoo Inc have no CCTV at their refuge areas, in the same
way they don't take the threat of folks following folks home to break into
homes and steal hardware, in the same way they don't check for folks
standing outside Sunnyvale for peoples looking for insecure wireless
connections, and in the same way they don't take the threat from rogue
employees feeding out information from within to thrid party groups who are
offering them money.

Many folks in the industry seperate CRIMINALS, from cyber threats (ie:
hackers), although both are the same. You need to be tripping if you think
someone behind a computer wouldn't raid a corporate refuge area, to later go
back to a computer to compromise an account.

In the same way its trippy to think theres not yahoo employees harvesting
paper work information for third parties.

Its time for the industry to wake upto the fact that "cross criminality"
exists in computer crimes, and stop thinking say, phishing is equal to
criminals, while exploit code is equal to hackers.