Date: Tue Mar 28 22:04:35 2006
From: bart.lansing at hushmail.com (bart.lansing@...hmail.com)
Subject: Security Alert: Unofficial IE patches appear on
	internet

Opinion on actual topic forthcoming:

As someone not hiding behind a pseudo-leet handle, who actually
does get to deal with ramifications of Microsoft's (and others, of
course) patch policies,  I heartily endorse the release of the eEye
patch as beneficial and as a patch that will be in the hands of
large numbers of users outside the infosec community in short
order.  In fact, it already is.  The Washington Post,
ComputerWorld, ZDNet, Business Wire, The Register, and a host of
others are all publicing its existence...kudos to them.

n3td3v, whoever you are, you have been little more than a source of
occasionally amusing noise on this list.  However, when you attempt
to put yourself into a position where some poor unsuspecting IT sot
might  actually listen to what you have to say and impact real
people doing real business...well, maybe you need to rethink your
need for self-gratification and this hopeless quest for recognition
from anyone who in fact 'does' have a clue or a legitimate place on
this list.  Try, if you can, to weigh the needs of your obviously
undernourished ego with the real needs of people who might
accidently follow some of your advice.