Date: Wed Mar 29 03:33:19 2006
From: michealespinola at gmail.com (Micheal Espinola Jr)
Subject: Security Alert: Unofficial IE patches appear on
	internet

For those that have inquired:

I wouldn't wish v3dt3n on the Patch Management list in a million
years.  I know PM is moderated, and Ryan does a great job at keeping
things professional and on-topic there - so my remark never struck me
as concern.

Although I added to the initial "list" as a joke, I don't actually
agree with the list: <blank> = <blank>.  Marc and the people at eEye
have provided the community with exceptional information and service
over the years, and I would have a difficult time not trusting them
implicitly considering their their track record, nature for disclosure
and clarity of information.

<soapbox>
3rd party patching is controversial but increasingly helpful for
interim protection against exploits releases that take advantage of
well known patch management scheduling - intentional or otherwise.
Sometimes necessity trumps proprietorship - at least as an interim
solution.
</>