Date: Thu Mar 30 11:34:05 2006
From: michaelslists at gmail.com (michaelslists@...il.com)
Subject: Fwd: On sandboxes, and why I ... don't care.

Just because no-one has told you, or you haven't seen it doesn't mean
it doesn't happen.

It's pretty concerning to me, as a java programmer, that the verifier
is off by default and hence any jar running can run free or the
contraints I've tried to enforce. Or that another j2ee app could
possibly be viewing the data I was processing in a shared-hosting
environment.

I hardly think it's something to disregard because you don't care
about it. It's probably not a discussion that belongs on webappsec
anyway.

And further, if your code _doesn't_ run properly with the verifier,
then what the hell are you doing? Something you shouldn't be, that's
for sure. If you want to modify private fields legitimately use
reflection, otherwise ....

-- Michael