Date: Sun Apr  2 07:21:01 2006
From: admin at zone-h.fr (Siegfried)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Mis-diagnosed XSS bugs hiding worse
 issues due to PHP feature

Yes like you said there is no check, because the stripslashes is a joke.
And yes this script isn't famous at all, but it was just to show a recent
example of an error in the advisory, even if this one is just a detail

There are some people who publish really many xss/sql injection
advisories, but really MANY, you all saw it, i'm quite sure some of them
just use their browser to "audit" them (like other people use fuzzers for
other stuff), i don't criticize their work, but i'm more than sure that
some of them provide incomplete and/or incorrect informations because they
didn't look well.

if they audit with their browser and have a php version installed older
than php 5.1.2, they may post a xss advisory while it was something really
different, or just _nothing_ because it was the xss in the php error
message, like that example of the Guppy directory traversal.

well there is no need to talk more about it in my opinion