Date: Tue Apr 11 23:42:30 2006
From: very at unprivate.com (Bacso Ferenc)
Subject: Shell accounts

> After reading some info on hacking it refernces getting a Shell
> account. Is this a unix type bash/bourne shell? It mentions that to
> remain anonymous you will need a Shell account.

I can put myself into your place and I know for sure that unless
somebody tells you nicely you need to google, you're going to keep
asking questions about subjects that are answered / discussed all over
the web. So please, do use google.

> got him to set me up a username. As long as his machine didn't do any
> logging [and he pretended not to know of anyone using this account]
> would I - using sssh to connect] be traceable.

Yes. Google netflow.

> No I'm not planning on doing any hacking or causing mischief. Though
> I'd love to know who's trying to get into my machine... but thats
> another story!!

  A 90% bet: it's the story of mass scans that your firewall detects -
that you take for somebody trying to 'hack you'.

php0t