Date: Fri Apr 14 18:31:17 2006
From: bkfsec at sdf.lonestar.org (bkfsec)
Subject: Gary McKinnon

joe haldon wrote:

> That's twisted logic Valdis.  If some of the 'non-voters' who didn't
> like Kerry *had* voted, Kerry would have lost even more badly than he
> had.

And what about the lines of people waiting to vote in predominantly
democratic districts of red states whose ability to vote was negated by
what can only be called electoral sabotage?

Didn't happen, right?  Right...

There were so many voting irregularities in the last election that if we
were a third-world country being monitored, the election would have been
heavily contested and labeled as fraudulant by all Western Nations...
but since we're the "last world superpower", our leaders get away with
what other countries get lambasted for.

Truth be told, more people hate the current republican party than like
it.  If everyone who could have voted would have voted, it would be a
landslide victory for the left.  This is especially true if people were
to vote along ideological lines rather than party lines.  Many people
(stupidly) voted for Bush because they thought he'd better represent the
interests of the common man... in other words, they voted red when they
should have been voting blue.

>  And why should people demonize a person or party just because they
> don't agree?

Because in this case you have a party that is wilfully and intentfully
trying to destroy democracy in this country.  If it were just that we
didn't agree, well then we could talk.  But through the neo-conservative
movement you have an attempt at a corporate neo-fascist takeover of the
country.

Why should we demonize these people?  We didn't -- they're just about as
close to demons as you can get in reality.  Their own actions have
demonized them.

             -bkfsec