Date: Sun Apr 16 03:29:20 2006
From: nocfed at gmail.com (nocfed)

On 4/15/06, Exibar <exibar@...lair.com> wrote:
> ok, so how the heck else is he supposed to let everyone know about the new
> mailing list?  Pay everyone a personal visit???  Send smoke signals?
> Telepathy?????
>
>   Gadi sent ONE message to this list to let everyone know that the new list
> has been created.
>
>   I don't think anyone can consider one message "spamming"....  well, except
> for you....  Follwing your rules, I guess the rest of us can say "thanks for
> spamming your complaint to the list instead of to Gadi directly"...
>
>   Go troll somewhere else.....
>
>   Ex

---SNIP---
DIGITAL WILL BE GIVING A PRODUCT PRESENTATION OF THE NEWEST MEMBERS OF
THE DECSYSTEM-20 FAMILY; THE DECSYSTEM-2020, 2020T, 2060, AND 2060T.
THE DECSYSTEM-20 FAMILY OF COMPUTERS HAS EVOLVED FROM THE TENEX
OPERATING SYSTEM AND THE DECSYSTEM-10 <PDP-10> COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE.
BOTH THE DECSYSTEM-2060T AND 2020T OFFER FULL ARPANET SUPPORT UNDER
THE TOPS-20 OPERATING SYSTEM.
THE DECSYSTEM-2060 IS AN UPWARD EXTENSION OF THE CURRENT DECSYSTEM
2040 AND 2050 FAMILY. THE DECSYSTEM-2020 IS A NEW LOW END MEMBER OF
THE DECSYSTEM-20 FAMILY AND FULLY SOFTWARE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL OF THE
OTHER DECSYSTEM-20 MODELS.

WE INVITE YOU TO COME SEE THE 2020 AND HEAR ABOUT THE DECSYSTEM-20
FAMILY AT THE TWO PRODUCT PRESENTATIONS WE WILL BE GIVING IN
CALIFORNIA THIS MONTH.  THE LOCATIONS WILL BE:

               TUESDAY, MAY 9, 1978 - 2 PM
                   HYATT HOUSE (NEAR THE L.A. AIRPORT)
                   LOS ANGELES, CA

               THURSDAY, MAY 11, 1978 - 2 PM
                   DUNFEY'S ROYAL COACH
                   SAN MATEO, CA
                   (4 MILES SOUTH OF S.F. AIRPORT AT BAYSHORE, RT 101 AND RT 92)

A 2020 WILL BE THERE FOR YOU TO VIEW. ALSO TERMINALS ON-LINE TO OTHER
DECSYSTEM-20 SYSTEMS THROUGH THE ARPANET. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND,
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE NEAREST DEC OFFICE FOR MORE
INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXCITING DECSYSTEM-20 FAMILY.
---END SNIP---

How else were they supposed to get anybody to their presentations?  It
is not about what one wants done, but about how they go about doing
it. If, per se, there was a conversation about fuzzing then one could
lead a conversation, or reply to an inquery, into their own mailing
list. Otherwise, it is, and always will be, spam as the person is
ADVERTISING without request.  Everyone else knows what SPAM is, right?