Date: Mon Apr 17 16:41:57 2006
From: rg.viza at gmail.com (Neil Davis)
Subject: re: Dude! Amigo! [Was: Re: [funsec] University
	of South Carolina e-Mail Co

I'm not a fan of dubya, but NAFTA was passed during the Clinton
administration...
It was the initially pursued by George H.W. Bush (dubya senior) and
the Canadian president but it didn't get very far during his term.

Clinton thought it was a good idea so took up the crusade after he was elected.
>From the Wiki:
There was considerable opposition on both sides of the border, but in
the United States it was able to secure passage after President Bill
Clinton made its passage a major legislative initiative in 1993. After
intense political debate and the negotiation of several side
agreements, the US House passed NAFTA by 234-200 (132 Republicans and
102 Democrats voting in favor) and the US Senate passed it by 61-38.
End From the Wiki.

The current outsourcing stuff started with Clinton too. It was already
well under way in 2000. The outsourcing didn't require any new laws to
be passed. It exploited loopholes, precedents set with NAFTA, and the
lack of laws concerning labor export.

I am afraid you can't blame the current president for this one... The
current president may not be everyone's favorite president, but let's
at least keep the facts straight and not twist history.

Bush inherited these two things from your man Clinton, along with the
Dot Com bubble. Give credit where it's due.

-Viz