Date: Tue Apr 18 00:59:00 2006
From: SDALAN04 at smumn.edu (Dave Alanis)
Subject: Question:  Need Suggestions

On Monday, April 17, 2006  6:09 PM, y0himba wrote:

>Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:09:38 -0400
>From: y0himba
>To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
>Subject: [Full-disclosure] Question:  Need Suggestions
>
>Hi.
>
>I lurk on this list not posting much and watching, learning from those of
>you who do.  I am in need of s suggestion.
>
>I run WinXP SP2.  I am a sounds freak, so I have my system configured to
>play a small sound when a program opens, and another when it closes.  Over
>the past week, I have noticed something starting and ending almost
>instantaneously when I start certain programs, for instance, Skype.
>Normally, I can use Dtaskmanager, Autoruns, and a few other process managers
>to watch and figure out what is running, but whatever this process is
>happens so fast I cannot catch it.
>
>What I would like to find is some type of Windows software that will log
>processes starting and ending to a text file so I can review it and figure
>out what exactly is going on.
>
>I have run multiple online virus and spyware scans, multiple local virus and
>spyware scans, I have run rootkit revealer, HiJack this, and a few others.
>They find nothing, so it is probably innocuous, but it is making me nuts
>trying to figure out what ended up on this system.  I am very obsessive
>about keeping it clean and organized, and running great.
>
>Any serious help is welcome.  I can do without the "run Linux" and Windows
>sucks statements.
>
>Thanks for any and all constructive replies.

 I have used hijackthis for a few Windows machines looking for suspicious threads. However, I dont have much experience with it, I've heard it works prety good!

Am sure you can get it here

Let me know if this is what you were looking for?

Dave

"Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds" - Einstein

"Cuanta estupidez en tan poco cerebro!"