Date: Wed Apr 19 04:49:07 2006
From: pwicks at oxygen.com (J. Patterson Wicks)
Subject: re: Dude! Amigo! [Was: Re: [funsec]Universityof
	South Carolina e-Mail Co

While this thread has nothing to do with computer/network security, I
just hate it when political statements are contextually incomplete.
Bush was not responsible for NAFTA, but he was responsible for CAFTA-DR.
The Central America-Dominican Republic-United States Free Trade
Agreement (CAFTA-DR) includes seven signatories: the United States,
Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and
Nicaragua. The U.S. Congress approved the CAFTA-DR in July 2005 and the
President signed it into law on August 2, 2005.
(http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050802-2.html)

Was this agreement better or worse than NAFTA?  Who knows?  This is not
a statement for or against President Bush, and it is also not a
statement for or against NAFTA or CAFTA-DR.  Both agreements are more
about sugar exports than tech jobs outsourcing.

Now can we please get back to hacking and leave trade agreements to
http://www.willson1918.com.

- Pat Wicks