Date: Fri Apr 21 14:09:40 2006
From: johnc at grok.org.uk (John Cartwright)
Subject: Secunia illegal spam and advisory republication

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 02:45:57PM -0700, Mike Owen wrote:
> The list was purchased by Secunia a year or so ago. Many of the
> subscribers have been on it since it's inception by Len on netsys.com
> 4 years ago, long before Secunia got their hands on it.

Hi

Actually, the list has never been purchased by anyone. Len and I
started things off using our own hardware, and when Len retired last
year I solicited offers for hosting and support. Of the ~100 or so
offers I received, Secunia made the most sense from a financial and
technical point of view.

For the record, Secunia staff have no access to the FD server and I
continue to run it exclusively in an independant manner under a mutual
agreement with Secunia.

As far as the 'banner' text goes, I myself added that to reward
Secunia for their generous support, for which I am extremely grateful.

Cheers
- John