Date: Thu May 11 18:56:36 2006
From: mlande at bellsouth.net (Mary Landesman)
Subject: Free antivirus software

Hi Geo,

I do removal tests for spyware/adware only. The virus detection scores come
from AV-Test.org and at the time, removal results for those particular
products weren't readily available to me. (This doesn't mean that
AV-Test.org does not have them or did not at the time - please interpret my
limited answer as *my* limitation and not a reflection of AV-Test.org). West
Coast Labs performs removal testing as part of their Anti-Virus Level 2
certification (all ItW viruses are included in these tests according to
their documentation). You can find a list of Anti-Virus Level 2 certified
products at:

http://www.westcoastlabs.org/cm-av-list.asp?Cat_ID=2

AV-Test.org is a project of the Business-Information-Workgroup at the
Institute of Technical and Business Information Systems at the
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg (Germany)  in cooperation with
AV-Test GmbH. For details, visit: http://www.av-test.org/

I agree that virus removal tests would be a nice addition to the review -
unfortunately my resources (time) only allow for spyware/adware.

-- Mary