Date: Thu Jun  1 15:37:53 2006
From: michael.holstein at csuohio.edu (Michael Holstein)
Subject: Different google interface when using some
	Tor exit nodes

> I'm aware of that, however, is there any particular reason why the exit
> nodes that I've been observing load that version?  Are they owned by
> Google developers working on the new interface?  Or are they just normal
> users?  Perhaps they are corporate users who have a deal with Google?
> There doesn't seem to be any link to the physical location of the nodes.

Yes, there is. Google tries to figure out what country you're in, and
present the interface in that language.

Look at where your TOR node is, first by going to something like :
http://checkip.dyndns.org .. and then to :
http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/exit.pl?textonly=1

See what country your exit node is in. I'd bet the Google interface
matches the country of the TOR node.

/mike.