Date: Tue Jun 13 18:04:05 2006
From: valsmith at metasploit.com (valsmith)
Subject: new offensivecomputing site features

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you all know about the latest OffensiveComputing
developments.

The OC team has been hard at work and our automated malware analysis engine
is up and running. If you log into the site you can see two new tools. One
is the malware upload and one is the malware search. The malware upload
allows you to upload a windows PE file and have it processed by our engine.
The malware search will let you enter a checksum, name or other information
and search our database for reports on malware. The autoanalysis provides
the following functionality:

- File type
- Packer detection
- various AV detection
- strings
- disassembly
- PE info (sections, headers, imports)
- checksums (md5, sha1, sha256)

And when searching you can also download a zipped / password protected
sample of the malware. All of these features are "as possible" meaning that
some malware can't be automatically analyzed in all ways.

The site is still free for all to use and we are continuing to add more
automation and features. Feedback is always welcome.

http://www.offensivecomputing.net

V.